These are the best cookies ever! A family favourite – and a big hit at school for bring and buy!
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1 and a half cups raw sugar
- 1 packet corn chevda (or 1 and a half cups corn flakes, plus half cup peanuts or nuts of choice, and a dash of Chinese five spice, or cinnamon)
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons milo, vico or ovaltine (or chocolate milk drink powder)
- Mix all with your hands until it comes together as a dough. Roll into balls, place on greased tray, flatten with a fork.
- Bake at 200 degrees C for about 10 minutes or until they turn nutty brown
- Remove from tray with a spatula while still hot, and place on newspaper to cool
- Store in airtight container (will last for about a week out of the fridge, or for a very long time if you store the container in the fridge or freezer)
- Makes about 60 cookies.